Tips for Mental Health
Below are 23 ways to mind your mental health:
Tips for Stress Management
- Don’t let your emotions get “bottled up” inside.
Appropriately share your feelings with others.
- Learn to manage your time efficiently.
- Avoid unnecessary arguments or quarrels.
- Do a “stress rehearsal.” Prepare for stressful events by
imagining yourself feeling calm and handling the situation well.
- Minimize your exposure to things that cause distress.
- Practice a relaxation technique daily.
- Be a good Samaritan. Spend time helping others.
Tips for Enjoying Life
- Balance work and play.
- Engage in activities you enjoy and look forward to.
- Discover the “elf” in yourself. Learn to have fun.
- He who laughs, lasts. Improve your laugh life.
- Participate in activities with people who share your
- Reward yourself with little things that make you feel good.
- Live a healthy lifestyle (i.e., eat well, exercise, and get
- Challenge yourself to do something new.
- Surround yourself with cheery people. Avoid stress carriers.
- Shun the “superman” or “superwoman” syndrome. No one is
Tips for a Healthy Attitude
- Set realistic goals for yourself.
- Be flexible in dealing with people and events. Avoid
“psychosclerosis” – a hardening of the attitudes.
- Accept the things you cannot change in yourself or others.
- Forgive yourself for mistakes.
- Take satisfaction in your accomplishments. Don’t dwell on
- Clean up “psychological pollution.” See the “positive” in